ACM Multimedia 2012 Tutorials will address the state-of-the-art research and developments regarding all aspects of multimedia, and will be of interest to the entire multimedia community, from novices in the world of multimedia to the most seasoned researchers, from people working in academia to industry professionals.
Proposals are solicited for tutorials of either a half day (3 hours plus breaks) or a full day (6 hours plus breaks). Submissions should be made by email to the Tutorials Chairs and should include a cover sheet and an extended abstract (email@example.com-
- The cover sheet should specify:
- The title and the length of the tutorial.
- The intended audience (introductory, intermediate, or advanced).
- Complete contact information for the contact person and other presenters.
- A brief biography (max. 2 paragraphs) for each presenter.
- The extended abstract should be no more than 4 pages, and should include:
- Motivation for having a tutorial on the proposed topic.
- Explanations why the organizers think their proposed tutorial would be beneficial to the multimedia community and of high impact.
- An outline of the tutorial, along with descriptions of the course objectives and course materials.
- Tutorials Submission Deadline:
April 9, 2012 April 12, 2012
- Notification of Acceptance:
June 22, 2012 June 25, 2012
- An outline of the tutorial (2 pages):
July 23, 2012 (Should be sent to the Publication chairs)
- Deadline of Web-materials:
July 30, 2012 (Should be sent to the Web & Social Media chairs)
For any questions regarding tutorials please email the Tutorial Chairs:
- Susanne Boll (University of Oldenburg, DE): susanne.boll-AT-informatik.uni-oldenburg.de
- Changsheng Xu (Chinese Academy of Sciences, CN): csxu-AT-nlpr.ia.ac.cn